LAUNIK started its industrial production activities in 1978, in the town of Eibar, as manufacturer of riveters and presses for various customers. In 1983 it started manufacturing machinery for the automotive sector, a springboard for its specialisation in the design of different production processes.
Since then, LAUNIK has continued to grow and specialise, becoming a world benchmark in the development of special machinery and automated manufacturing solutions for the automotive industry.
- 1978 It began its industrial activities in Eibar, with a plant measuring 450 m2 and basic production equipment.
- 1986 It moved its production facility to a new plant measuring 1,500 m2 in San Andrés de Echevarría.
- 1996 It extended its machine assembly building to 2,500 m2 to be able to take on projects of a larger scale. It set up another plant in Pamplona for the mechanical design of projects for customers located in Navarra.
- 2000 It introduced the ERP system, which it designed itself.
- 2003 It obtained the ISO-9001 certificate.
- 2005 It installed Solid Edge as 3D design tool.
- 2008 It set up the Lauco group as a platform with which to work in partnership with the company COMANAI to bid for large scale international projects.
- 2015 First servo-driven flanging machine supplied to one of the sector's leading shock absorber manufacturers.